This Privacy Notice applies to any person who visits or is currently a Member, or has been a Member or is seeking to be a Member of the Myer Christmas Club and any person nominated by a member as a Nominated Recipient.
This Privacy Notice contains important information regarding collection, use, disclosure, security and access of your Personal Information.
This Privacy Notice applies in addition to any other terms and conditions applicable to the Myer Christmas Club and the Myer Christmas Club Website terms.
We may amend this Privacy Notice as business requirements or the law changes. We therefore encourage you to refer to this Privacy Notice on an ongoing basis so that you understand our current privacy practices.
Myer may amend this Privacy Notice as Myer’s business requirements or the law changes. If this Privacy Notice is amended we will send Members an email with the updated Privacy Notice.
- information provided by you whilst using the Website (such as through the ‘contact us’ page) and on the Membership Application (such as your full name, date of birth, email address, residential address, delivery address, phone number, bank account details and other information that we may require from you);
- transactional information relating to payments to and from your Membership and when you redeem your Myer Gift Card including without limitation, the goods or services purchased, store you shopped at, time of shopping, method of payment and your use of any loyalty cards/programs accepted by Myer;
- information that we may gain from other sources in connection with the Myer Christmas Club;
- information you may provide from time to time through contact with us whether via email or through discussions by telephone with our service representatives or other correspondence;
- information you provide to us to participate in competitions, promotions or surveys;
- information collected about you from third parties (for example, your change of address as provided to a postal authority);
- information you provide to us during the course of your contact with us on a matter, such as a compliment or a complaint or seeking information; and
- information collected from you by third party service providers.
- to process, register and manage your Membership;
- to redeem, process, activate, fulfil and deliver your Myer Gift Card;
- to manage and facilitate the deductions and payments to and from your nominated bank account including Direct Debit payment authorisations, Dishonour Fees and refunds;
- to administer your Membership and to provide you with benefits associated with the Membership;
- investigate matters relating to fraud and breach of the Myer Christmas Club Terms and Conditions;
- to provide you with customer service;
- to include you in, and administer a competition, promotion or survey;
- to comply with laws or regulations or any valid court order;
- to conduct market research and other forms of analysis (such as trend analysis, commonly asked questions asked by Customers or Members, or other aspects of your Membership that would be useful to Myer in further developing the Myer Christmas Club or other offers for Myer customers);
- to provide you brochures and information about our special promotions, events, product launches and other special offers and discounts; and
- to improve and help us better tailor our product and service offering, including developing new products, services, promotional offers and shopping opportunities.
- Safeguarding your information
- Access, update or correct your Personal Information
The information (Personal Information) that we collect about you includes:
We may collect your Personal Information for any or all of the following purposes:
If you provide your email address or mobile telephone number to Myer you consent to us using your email address to email you and/or your mobile telephone number to telephone or SMS you for any of the purposes listed above. All emails will be sent to the current email address as provided on your Membership. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have access to this email account.
We may engage other persons or organisations (including without limitation, Vii Pty Ltd, Myer Pty Ltd, financial institutions such as banks, data analysis specialists, printers, marketing agencies, debt collectors, payment data processors, fraud detection agencies, statement producers, data mail houses, data processing organisations, market researchers, supply chain administrators, logistics service providers, delivery companies, credit check companies, and specialist call centres) to assist us in carrying out the above purposes; some of these third parties may be located overseas.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to those third parties for the purposes set out above and, in carrying out the purpose, such third parties may contact you directly. In some circumstances, these third parties may disclose Personal Information they collected from you back to us for one or more of the purposes already mentioned. We will hold and use all personal data collected from such persons or organisations about you in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Any third party with which we share your Personal Information (including those located overseas) will be obligated to use that Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
If you do not provide the Personal Information requested, we will be unable to perform the above tasks and you may not be able to participate in the Myer Christmas Club.
We have in place measures to safeguard and secure your Personal Information from unauthorised access, misuse, modification and disclosure while your Personal Information stored or transmitted by us.
When you provide us with your Personal Information for the purposes of the Myer Christmas Club, we protect your Personal Information in transit by a Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which fully encrypts your personal data from being read by anyone over the Internet. SSL encryption works by forming a matched pair with the transmission from your computer transmission and our server, so that only data to and from these sources is valid. To ensure that you are accessing our secure server before you submit your personal data, please refer to the lower corner of your browser for an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), which indicates that SSL is active.
Other Privacy Information
We strongly recommend that you sign out of the Myer Christmas Club website or close your browser once you have finished browsing within the Myer Christmas Club Website. This is particularly important if you share a computer with someone or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café. You are responsible for the security and access to your computer.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the internet and when accessing Personal Information from the Myer Christmas Club.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal details that we hold are up to date and complete.
You may access, update or correct your Personal Information by logging on to your Membership account or contacting the dedicated call centre on 13MYER (13 69 37)
We will need to confirm your identity before we can provide you with access to Personal Information when contacting the call centre this may involve you answering some security questions. In some circumstances where you require access to your Personal Information, we may ask you to apply in writing.
Where you provide or request Personal Information via email, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have access to that email address and to maintain its security (i.e. do not pass your email login details to someone else). Emails will only be sent to the email address provided on your Membership.
We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover retrieval costs (where applicable) for Personal Information requests in the event of a complex or comprehensive request for access.
Myer Christmas Club Website Lost login and Password details
Where you have forgotten your login and password, you will be given a ‘password reminder’ after verification of your identity. We do not distribute login or password via telephone or email.
We have in place procedures for dealing with customer complaints regarding our handling of Personal Information. If you have any complaints about the handling of your Personal Information by us, please provide your complaint in writing to Privacy Officer, Level 7, 800 Collins St, Docklands VIC 3008 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org you have any questions or concerns with respect to our Privacy Notice, please feel free to contact us.